Visual Effects Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Visualize, create and implement real-time visual effects
- Create effects that work optimally on the target platform
- Be proactive and self-motivated, seeking out tasks remaining to be done
- Collaborate with other effects artists, and the rest of the development team to make the best game possible
- Help influence further development of internal technologies and artistic capabilities
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge and artistic abilities working with sprite type particles and materials within a game engine
- Strong sense of form, color, and composition
- Advanced problem solving techniques and patience to resolve the numerous hurdles that present themselves while working to achieve the highest quality effects
- Thorough knowledge of Maya dynamics, particles and expressions, as well as how to optimize for video game hardware
- Natural tendency to take on a problem and to work with others until the problem is resolved
- Python scripting (preferred)
- Must be able to provide a demo reel or examples of professional work (Online Preferred), a breakdown of your contributions to the shot, and an accompanying resume
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: Visual Effects Artist (Temporary Assignment)
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works here at Naughty Dog. Here is what you can expect from us:
- Upon submission, you will receive an automated message stating your resume has been received and will be reviewed thoroughly by our recruiting team.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible to respond directly to each candidate.
- If you are selected, you will be contacted for an initial phone screen or test.
- The next step is a second phone or Skype interview, or an invite to come out and meet us at the studio.
- In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
- If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file for future consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Naughty Dog.
About the Company
Naughty Dog is the developer of some of the most critically acclaimed and top-selling video games on PlayStation platforms, having created the classic Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter series, as well as modern franchises Uncharted and The Last of Us. We have become recognized as industry leaders for our storytelling, graphics and cinematic quality in our games. The studio is currently developing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and The Last of Us Part II.
Since Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we also have many perks that comes from being in the Sony family – movie screenings on the Sony Pictures lots and discounts on electronics, music, movies and PlayStation hardware and software. Of course, you just can’t beat our location. Naughty Dog is based near the ocean – and beaches – in Santa Monica, California, where beautiful weather and fair temperatures grace us year-round.