We’re looking for a Lead Artist to work alongside our Art Director and Production team on a new PC title with a small but development talented team. You will be responsible for managing, driving and reviewing the art production for the title and ensuring it is delivered on time and to the right quality. We’re looking for a talented production focused artist with a strong track record in games and with great creative and technical ability.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game.
- Ensure that all work created by the internal art team and our outsource partners meet the technical and style requirements of the title.
- Work closely with the production team to help them create realistic schedules for the internal art team and our outsourcing partners.
- Mentor other members of the art team to ensure they maintain best practices, processes, and procedures to ensure the delivery of the project on schedule and to the desired quality.
- Work closely with the production team in creating schedules for the art department and outsourcing studios.
- 2 years of experience in a management role within an Art Team.
- 5 years experience as an artist on published game titles.
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams and pipelines.
- Highly experienced with standard industry tools like Maya, Substance, Z-Brush, and Photoshop, with a willingness to learn new tools such has Houdini.
- Excellent knowledge of current industry processes and techniques, 3D modelling, shaders, lighting, and composition.
How to Apply
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV and a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
With almost 100 staff at Lucid, each with unrivalled experience, our team have worked on some of the biggest gaming franchises to come out of the UK in the last 20 years. From PS1 classics such as Formula 1 97, the BAFTA winning Project Gotham Racing franchise through to recent blockbusters such as Blur and James Bond 007 : Blood Stone we’ve contributed to some of biggest selling games of the last two decades.
Established in February 2011 by senior developers from Bizarre Creations, Lucid has set itself out to be a small team with big ideas and the skills to deliver them.
Our performance over the past few years has proved we are just that. We’ve successfully won contracts to build dynamic new IP, settled ourselves into a shiny new office in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter and completed a number of technically challenging work-for-hire contracts.