Experienced VFX Artist
We are looking for a VFX Artist with an eye for visuals and art, and the ability to create strong visual effects. You will be the link between the artistic and technical dimensions and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop the needed systems and applications.
Your responsibility as VFX Artist will be to create and maintain all effects for a third-person, open world game. You will work closely with the animators, programmers and artists on the team, to develop effects and supporting tools from the ground up in Unity. We are particularly looking for a colleague who enjoys setting own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
We are working within a highly focused and ambitious vision, which requires adapting to the existing visual style while contributing your own ideas to the whole. More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Skills & Requirements
What will you be doing?
- Creating the visuals for the effects, such as snow, dust, fire, water and sand using any and all techniques necessary.
- Programming the systems driving the effects, such as managers and spawners.
- Collaborating with a dedicated team with high ambitions about visuals and physical integrity.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Maya or 3DS Max etc. and a willingness to learn new tools.
- Familiarity with Unity (preferably), Unreal, or other major game engines.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, please go to playdead.com/jobs/VFX
Please, consider the following general requirements
- 4+ years of experience within a 3D game production is essential.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in VFX art and design.
- Programming proficiency - tools as well as shaders.
- Comfortable using computer tools and software to create visual effects and willingness to learn new tools.
This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
About the Company
Playdead is an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
Who We Are
We are a team of 45 creative professionals. Our approach to development does not include crunching towards arbitrary deadlines - instead, we particularly look for people who enjoy managing their own schedule and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment.
We love to make carefully crafted games with obsessive attention to detail and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion. Come help us create unique game experiences.