Rebellion have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Animator to work with our animation teams on exciting new game projects. You will be expected to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of animation systems since you will play a key role in the evolution of the animation pipeline.
This role is full-time, based in-house. If you are interested in other locations let us know in your application. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Responsibilities would include:
- Work with the animation team to evolve and devise new animation solutions and pipelines
- Create character rigs and facial animation techniques
- Identify and address optimisations and efficiencies within the animation pipeline
- Collaborate with other discipline leads ensuring animation solutions meet the requirements of specific projects
- Share knowledge with internal and external teams
- Research new technologies, innovations and processes
- Proactively resolving technical animation issues
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in video games or relevant transferrable technical animation experience.
- Technical Animation Demo Reel and / or portfolio.
- Good knowledge and expertise in Maya / Motion Builder
- Good MEL and Python experience (knowledge of PyMel and C++ would be an advantage)
- Use of Game Engines i.e. Unreal or proprietary would be an advantage
- Passion for animation and video games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through this link:
About the Company
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and VR.
We have studios in Oxford, Liverpool and Warwick in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 10 minute walk to train station and 20 minute walk to city centre