Environment Game Artist
Qualcomm Game Studio is seeking an experienced environment game artist who will work directly with our art director, design leads, and development team, to help design, create, and implement environments, props, and vehicles for games and mobile showcase demos. Ideal candidates will have an excellent understanding of photogrammetry, PBR, materials, hard surface & organic modeling, UV layout, and proportions.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience modeling/texturing environments in Maya, or 3ds Max.
- 4+ years’ experience on a shipped MMO, mobile, PC, or console game.
- 3+ years’ experience with ZBrush or Mudbox.
- 2+ years’ experience with PBR using Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel.
- Demo materials to include sample model, UV layout, and texture files for review.
- Solid grasp of lighting within a game engine, including IBL, HDR, static & dynamic.
- Experience creating props and weapons.
- Ability to create art content that is performant for run-time and appropriate for modern game hardware, mobile experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines.
- Strong Photoshop skillset & ability to work independently.
- BFA or equivalent on the job experience.
- Experience creating photo realistic PBR materials.
- 2+ years’ experience developing with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working on AAA games as an environment artist.
- Understanding of VR and AR mobile concepts, limitations, & requirements.
- Passionate about gaming, up to date on game design literature, and best practices.
- Ability to debug issues and optimize draw calls within a game engine.
- Experience creating vehicles and/or mechanical props utilizing hierarchy.
- Well-versed in console and/or mobile gaming.
Nice to have:
- Technical art experience.
- Lighting experience.
- Photogrammetry scanning or photography experience.
- Particle effect (PFX) creation.
- CG video production experience.
- Unity game engine experience.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Join the Qualcomm Game Studio!
Qualcomm Game Studio’s mission is to create next generation immersive experiences on mobile, VR, & AR platforms that rival experiences on PC and game consoles. Qualcomm’s proprietary chipsets power over 2 billion consumer devices worldwide. You will work directly with leading game developers from around the world to help enhance and optimize their cutting-edge games and applications for the Snapdragon platform.