We are a small, creative game studio in San Francisco best known for our three award-winning titles, Bastion, Transistor, Pyre. We are seeking a 3D animator who can bring creatures and characters to life in our latest project, Hades, and anything we may do in the future.
This is a full-time, in-house position whose responsibilities include:
- Rigging and animating characters and creatures in collaboration with our art and design teams
- Delivering on artistic goals while adhering to production, gameplay, and performance requirements
- Rendering and finishing animations as 2D, game-ready assets, and integrating them in our pipeline
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and a collaborative environment where you’ll have many opportunities to make key contributions to our current project.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert using industry-standard 3D suites such as 3DS Max, Maya, and Mudbox
- A distinct creative voice with ability to execute across a spectrum of styles
- Capable and comfortable working within an established aesthetic
- Excellent written and verbal communication; open-minded about learning and teaching
- Effective at creatively and collaboratively problem-solving
- Organized, responsible, and able to work autonomously
- Experience working remotely with other 3D artists
- Familiarity with After Effects or similar compositing package
- Familiarity with V-Ray rendering software
- Strong familiarity with Supergiant’s titles; general interest in video games
- Experience with a variety of game engines a plus
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Willing to relocate to San Francisco Bay Area if not local
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "3D Animator". Include a link to your portfolio as the first line, and your resume in the body of the email (no attachments please). Then, please provide brief responses to the following:
- What are your artistic inspirations?
- Which aspect of the animation in our game Hades has the biggest opportunity for improvement?
- Your power animal. What is it?!
A paid art test may be requested as part of the evaluation process for the position. We will be accepting applications for this position through Monday, January 14, 2019 and will reach out to prospective candidates with next steps by the end of January 2019.
About the Company
Founded in 2009, Supergiant Games is a small independent game development studio with big ambitions: We want to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Our games have sold more than 6 million copies worldwide on more than 10 different platforms.