Animator [Avatar Project]
In February 2017, it was announced that we are embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a part of the Animation team at Massive, you will work with our talented Narrative Realization Team to craft stunning and life like character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and storytelling sequences.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key frame and motion capture animation to breathe life into the world
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences
- When needed, you will take part in motion capture shoots
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
Skills & Requirements
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative, animations where the boundaries of what animation means in a game is pushed makes you a source for inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture and a larger scope makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short term challenges is of the essence.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 3+ years of professional Animation experience in the video game industry, with at least 1 AAA title shipped
- Relevant and updated portfolio/demo-reel
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Experience working with motion capture
- Experience with facial animation a plus
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent a plus
- Knowledge of the wider game development process
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/3BQMd
About the Company
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö and part of the Ubisoft family. We are a multinational team of more than 600 passionate and highly skilled people from more than 45 different countries.
Our studio is a creative and devoted workplace. It’s full of dedicated game developers, game designers, programmers, and character artists (to name a few of our job roles!). What we all have in common is that we enjoy what we do and that we do everything with drive and enthusiasm.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT MASSIVE?
At Massive, you get to do what you love the most while bringing your own exceptional performance into our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar, Snowdrop, or Uplay.
We want to hear your opinions. As part of the Massive family, you are encouraged to make your voice heard regardless of your position or how long you’ve been at the studio.
Curiosity is key in crafting the best games experience possible. It might sound strange, but we encourage you to take risks and to have the courage to challenge not only yourself in what you do, but also the ways we do things in the studio. And it’s okay if the risk results in failure.
Without failure, we can never grow in our roles or find new solutions to the challenges we face – together – every day. Be brave, because behind you, you have the support of the Massive family.
WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THE BEST GAMES POSSIBLE
Massive is growing – rapidly, and we are looking for the best talents to join our studio. With our move to our new office building Eden, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and the Avatar Project, we are heading towards an exciting future.
Do you want to join us on the journey?