PerBlue is seeking a passionate Video Game Animator to join our growing art team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mid-core mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including our award winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game. Our cross-functional and collaborative team brings experience from across the industry to our studio in Madison, Wisconsin for an unmatched quality of life and work.
You’ll have a strong technical background with a mind for efficiency as well as a thirst for challenge. If you take intense pride in your own work and can be an advocate for pushing the quality bar; Your reel will show us flawless 2D and 3D work in shipped videogames.
- Create convincing, fluid, and suitable character animations from various IPs in a single cohesive style
- Efficiently rig and skin characters in accordance with the technical limitations of mobile games
- Correct and adjust animations/rigs/skin weights from vendors as needed
- Work closely with the art team and engineers to resolve technical challenges where animations/rigging are related
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or relevant field
- 2+ years of professional animation and rigging experience
- Stellar animation reel or examples of work demonstrating proficiency in rigging and skinning game-ready assets
- Mastery of Maya or comparable animation software
- Experience with troubleshooting implementation issues where animations or rigs are involved
- Passion for expressing human emotion and personality through both stylized and realistic animations
- Fluency with key frame animation
- Experience with Spine Animation and/or Unity 3D
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here and include a link to your reel for immediate consideration.
About the Company
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, Wisconsin. Our team comprises talent from some of the top videogame studios in the world. We’ve been named a “Top Workplace” by a wide variety of publications, a "Top Developer" by Google, and our most recent game Disney Heroes: Battle Mode was named mobile game of the year by the Samsung Store.
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
This is a full time position based in Madison. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
No agencies, please. We regret that we cannot consider remote work or visa sponsorship for this position.