Concept Artist / Illustrator / 3D Modeler
Matt Colville & Friends make tabletop games, YouTube videos, and livestreams. We mostly focus on fantasy products and RPGs, but look forward to branching out into other genres and games. We produced Strongholds & Followers, and now we’re working on the follow-up, Kingdoms & Warfare, as well as other RPG products and miniatures. We are an equal opportunity employer. We want to hear from people from all different backgrounds.
We’re looking for a versatile and creative illustrator and concept artist to help bring our characters, creatures, and worlds to life. Also maybe eventually some spaceships. We make tabletop rpg products, YouTube videos, and hopefully someday other categories of games. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We need someone comfortable with both Fantasy and Sci-fi illustration. Someone who can help us establish and grow a visual style; the ideal candidate can take the things we’re already making, including existing design, and improve it.
We’re a small team so we need someone who can produce high quality work without a lot of oversight.
If that sounds like you, please let us know! Here’s some aspects of the position:
- Create imaginative characters, creatures, environments, and prop concepts that inspire our audience and contribute to the unique visual development of our brand.
- Create highly polished key-art, mood paintings, and action scenes, that inform and enhance the narrative nature of our products.
- Create fantastic character and creature illustrations that focus on presentation, player appeal and also inform physical product development, such as books and tabletop miniatures.
- Coordinating with other team members on production requirements to help accomplish the goals of the company.
- Help develop art team goals and grow the MCDM brand as a whole by contributing your own unique insight and perspective throughout our products.
- Partnering with other members of the MCDM team to collaborate on creatively complex assignments and to develop and inspire new MCDM projects.
Skills & Requirements
- You love games! You’re into RPGs, boardgames, video games, movies, comics, and you love the idea of making your own.
- Are willing to relocate. We are located in Irvine California, USA, and we need someone in the office here with the rest of us. Assistance with relocation will be provided.
- 2 years professional experience as a concept artist and illustrator. You understand the artist’s role in the game development process and can follow art direction but also offer your own creative inputs all while hitting deadlines.
- You have experience working on a team of creative people and are comfortable with constructive art feedback and collaborative input from any member of the team.
- Exceptional ability to create traditional 2D art. You know how to quickly generate conceptual ideas, but also dutifully polish an image for publication and key presentation.
- You’re highly creative and an expert with design, and silhouette, when creating characters and/or you’re an expert with lighting, framing, color and composition when it comes to inspiring story art.
- Exceptional understanding of human anatomy and faces. You know how to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings.
- You love to collaborate, motivate, and inspire others. You thrive when exploring ideas and working with others on a team.
- You’re an expert in Photoshop or an equivalent painting program.
- You’re a positive, proactive person and you’re excited to make stuff!
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply Now with:
- Portfolio - Digital link to an Artstation, website, or other online album. If you do not include a portfolio link we will not review your application.
- Resume in PDF format
About the Company
ABOUT MCDM PRODUCTIONS
Matt Colville & Friends make tabletop games, YouTube videos, and livestreams. We mostly focus on fantasy products and RPGs, but look forward to branching out into other genres and games. We produced Strongholds & Followers, and now we’re working on the follow-up, Kingdoms & Warfare, as well as other RPG products and miniatures.