As a 3D Artist at Labster you will be part of the team that creates next-generation online 3D education solutions by leveraging the most cutting edge technologies - these include virtual reality, artificial intelligence, adaptive learning, Open EdX, Kinect, as well as face, body, and emotion tracking systems. On a typical day, you will work closely and continuously with cross-functional teams located in both Bali and Copenhagen. To gain a better understanding of what Labster is currently working on, visit our blog or check out our free simulation.
- Creating and delivering well-executed and optimized 3D assets and animations for our learning simulations
- Possessing high effectiveness in time management and task prioritization
- Proactively supporting other team members when needed
- Maintaining high standards of our workflow practices
- Taking an active part in team meetings: suggesting improvements, actively taking on new roles, provide constructive feedback, etc.
- Proactively delivering new and inventive ideas that will support the team in their efforts of solving day-to-day challenges
- Maintaining strong and positive working relationships with Content Developers and Simulation Directors
What Do We Offer?
- Friendly and productive work environment with fun, multinational, smart and open-minded people
- Opportunity to work with the newest technologies in a product company with a proven track record and a noble vision
- A lot of freedom within your scope of work and excellent conditions to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- High flexibility with options to work from home each week - you decide your schedule
- Competitive compensation based on your qualifications and experience
- Budget for personal and professional development
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience with using any .fbx compatible 3D package for a Unity 3D-based project, such as 3D Studio Max, Blender, Maya, or similar
- You have substantial experience in creating animations using Mecanim
- You have some experience in the gaming industry or understand how to work with Unity 3D (or any other game engine)
- You have experience with creating 2D art using Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
- You are a confident speaker who is not afraid of challenging the status quo
- You are proficient in English
- You can work independently as well as in the team, proactively supporting your colleagues in their daily activities when needed
- You like to research new and innovative ways of working
- You are interested not only in excelling as a 3D Artist but also proactively taking on new roles outside of your domain
How to Apply
About the Company
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. Our goal is to develop software that makes learning both engaging and effective, whilst making it accessible to as many students as possible. We are growing at an electrifying pace. Since 2012, our simulations were played over 1,000,000 times and each semester 280 universities and institutions around the globe use them to enhance their teaching programs.
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system called Holacracy that focuses on roles, collaboration, and distributed leadership. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve greatness via concentrated work. It’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members and to hire people who are cultural contributors.