Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, at our harbourside studio in Portsmouth, UK.
We are looking for an experienced VFX artist with the ability to integrate and contribute to the team creating innovative experiences via realistic, cool animations, particle simulations and spot effects.
Proven experience in Unreal 4, technical expertise with Maya is certainly of benefit.
Skills & Requirements
- Create and implement realistic VFX animations into Unreal 4
- Create realistic particle simulations and implement into Unreal 4
- Create and optimise material shaders and blueprints
- Work closely with VFX programmer
- Critique and iterate in a group
- Follow and recreate established art styles
- Reliably demonstrate an aptitude for the platform technology, asset discipline and pipeline processes
- 1 year of industry experience
- Some experience creating realistic style particle simulations
- Creative and self motivated
- Strong and versatile VFX skills
- Experience in Unreal 4
- Experience using Maya
- Extremely quality oriented
- Experience with material shaders
- Blueprint experience
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- An artistic education to at least graduate level
- Strong folio including examples of realistic VFX
- Successfully worked with iterative development and rapid game play prototyping
- Console development experience
- Lighting skill
- Houdini knowledge
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, with our studio ideally located over looking the harbour at Portsmouth.