Senior Lighting Artist - Gears of War - The Coalition
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Senior Lighting Artist to work on the Gears of War franchise. The ideal candidate has a thorough knowledge of lighting fundamentals including value, color and composition and an excellent understating of how these come together to shape game environments and inform gameplay. You will also be expected to play a role in solving technical problems through collaboration with Art and Engineering.
- Work closely with Art, Cinematic and Programming Teams to create industry leading visuals across a variety of environments, characters and cinematic sequences.
- Craft compelling lighting which supports story, art direction and gameplay objectives.
- Translate conceptual illustrations into outstanding real-time lighting visuals.
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Directors, Lighting Lead, Cinematic Director and other relevant departments. - Develop and maintain an understanding of current industry technology, constraints and trends.
- Participate in portfolio reviews, recruitment interviews, and assist in finding and retaining talent.
Skills & Requirements
- 2-4+ years of level art experience.
- Understanding of gameplay expectations and how they relate to art.
- Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
- Previous experience managing and mentoring junior artist
- Excellent work ethic and problem-solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Expert in Unreal 4 or UDK.
- Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Z-brush.
- Shader authoring and scripting are a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply directly to the link below:
About the Company
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.