Senior Character Animator
“Join the studio responsible for Ultimate Rivals, which Geek.com called “The Smash Bros. Of Arcade Sports”.
Bit Fry Game Studios is creating high-energy, action-packed, character-driven games. You will help to bring those characters to life. You will work within the animation team to create energetic, stylized animation with a strong sense of weight. You will be expected to integrate into the team, working closely with the other animators to elevate the quality level of all animations, existing and new, while meeting the needs of the game. Strong teamwork, adaptability, and the ability to engage with both animators and engineers are all critical qualities for this role. You will be responsible for animations ranging from gameplay actions, to acting shots, to facial animation. Reaching a polished final product is important, but quick iteration during prototyping phases is equally vital.
- Generate gameplay and facial animation for use across multiple body types
- Work closely with the other animators to drive the quality of animation higher
- Provide feedback/direction/support for the team, and be willing to receive it
- Quick iteration
- Polishing a strong final product
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years in the animation field
- Expertise in Maya
- Understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Superb critical thinking, teamwork, and communication skills
- All applicants must be legally qualified to work in the United States
- Experience in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience with rigging, modeling, texturing
- Desire to both learn and teach, to help the team grow and grow with it
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
- Please send a resume and brief cover-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To reiterate the ‘Requirements’ section- as a part of the application process, we require a portfolio demonstrating your experience. Please include a brief breakdown of your contributions, both artistic and technical for each piece presented.
About the Company
Bit Fry Game Studios, Inc., an independent multi-platform developer and publisher of sports video games, is composed of gaming, as well as entertainment and sports veterans, and is the first studio to combine licenses from all player unions as well as four leagues into a single gaming franchise. Bit Fry has secured groundbreaking licensing agreements with nine major professional sports organizations, including the NHL, NHL Players’ Association (NHLPA), NBA, National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), MLB, MLB Players Association (MLBPA), NFLPA, Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA), USWNTPA, as well as Wayne Gretzky. The company was founded in 2013 with its first investment coming from former Red Sox owner and vice chairman Les Otten, and now counts among its investors many leading names in sports and gaming, including NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern, Xbox co-creator and managing partner of 1UP Ventures Ed Fries, MLB all-star and World Series champion Ryan Howard, private equity fund Dugout Ventures, co-founding partner of March Capital Gregory Milken, Barclays’ head of Equities Trading for the Americas Todd Sandoz, and BITKRAFT Esports Ventures.