Senior UI Artist
Are you a bold artist with strong UX knowledge and a seasoned expert in developing fresh, art-rich & varied looks for UIs?
About the role
Paradox is looking for a Senior 2D UI Artist to be a champion in the art team: developing the overall look of our UIs with a meticulous eye for detail, high quality artwork and strong knowledge of UX. You will work closely with the Art Director in shaping the overall vision of our game UIs across a wide variety of themes - from historically accurate period conflicts to fantastic space faring colonisation!
As a Senior 2D UI artist at Paradox, you will collaborate closely with our UX and Production Teams to ensure cohesive execution of UIs that are easily digested by new players. You will also help craft our game art hands on by creating whatever UI elements, art assets, art styles and supporting artwork that our games may require. You will have the opportunity to carry out thorough historical research, mentor less experienced artists and create art briefs for outsourced assets. Quality checking artwork from outsourcers to ensure consistent high standards is also a key part of the role.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience creating user interfaces from concept, through prototype to final
- Strong knowledge of UX to facilitate collaboration with our UX team.
- Highly skilled creating high quality UI art and illustrations from scratch with the portfolio to prove it
- Ability to create as well as adapt to and follow a variety of artistic styles
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving feedback
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our career-site: https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs/247485-senior-ui-artist
About the Company
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC. The world-renowned strategy catalog stretches back to 1999, and the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Cities: Skylines, Crusader Kings, Magicka and the Hearts of Iron series created by Paradox Development Studio and a network of partner studios.