Principle Technical Artist - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
As a Principle Technical Artist at Creative Assembly, your mission is to empower our teams to create visual excellence, pushing our games to the next level.
As a Principle Technical Artist, you will work closely with a number of disciplines across the project, as well as other Technical Artists to maintain, improve and extend our pipeline & tools.
A key part of this will be to define, create and maintain a rich set of in-house tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team. You will be expected to drive new technology and the development of animation systems, providing support for runtime solutions.
You will strive to mentor and expand the team’s ambition through the utilisation and experimentation of new and innovative approaches to animation in gameplay, owning and championing best practices across disciplines.
You will be able to communicate well, solving problems and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Proven skills and experience in Character pipelines and workflow
- Proven skills and experience in Maya rigging techniques
- Experience using blendtree & state machine systems
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- Experience with Maya C++ API
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines.
- Proven skills and experience in facial rigging
- UE4 production experience
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of 3D maths (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.