Hard Surface Artist - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and accomplished hard-surface artist to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP, working with Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and contributing to the creation of genre-defining games.
As a Hard-Surface specialist, working within the character team, you will have a proven track record producing weapons and equipment for AAA first person titles. You will be responsible for the creation of all character content, playable and non-playable characters and their equipment.
Communication and collaboration are critical to the success of this role. You will be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, character content.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Demonstrable hard-surface modelling ability
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush
- A practical, working knowledge of Substance Painter or Designer
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles
- Experience with current commercial games engines
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering packages
- A working knowledge of Autodesk’s Fusion 360
- Traditional Art skills
Please submit a Portfolio/ Showreel link with your application to be considered for this role
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.