As the Art Director, you will be the creative driver of all art aspects from the design and development of artwork to the supervision over environment, character, and visual effects. You will work closely with the Creative team, Project Directors, and Team Leads to set and lead the quality standards for a game, with profound knowledge of techniques and technical limitation requirements. With a passion for excellence, you will drive high standards, mentor and support team members and push for creative collaboration across both the Art department and other disciplines.
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create engaging, memorable and stunning visuals;
- Drive the visual quality in conjunction with the Lead Artists;
- Motivate & inspire the art team making sure they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with the defined visual style;
- Produce finished art of an exceptional quality;
- Work to develop solutions for any issues that may arise;
- Clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the studio/project;
- Communicate content and quality expectations to the art teams on a regular basis and refer the graphic artists to the documents and visual references when necessary;
- Work with artists validate art elements are aligned with the art direction.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience of working as an Art Director/Associate Art Director on AAA games;
- Excellent drawing skills;
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design (with excellent knowledge of visual composition and color theory);
- Extensive experience of working with and driving multiple disciplines including concept, environment, character and tech art, VFX and outsource management;
- Problem solving skills;
- A great team player, able to communicate in a respectable, constructive, and to-the-point manner;
- Solid knowledge of current game art production pipelines and workflows;
- A deep understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D software packages, knowledge of engine and tool sets necessary to generate assets;
- Ability to accept feedback from the brand and creative teams and adapt to it;
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills and a portfolio of your best work (attach images/ your personal website/ online portfolio) using this link.
About the Company
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 12 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to some of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Skull & Bones. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.