The role involves bridging the programming and the animation teams by working closely with both groups implementing animation using engine tools and animation authoring packages. This position is a technical role, so you must be comfortable spending time on the technical side of production, but at the same time, have a good eye for animation. You will be working under the guidance of the Lead Animator.
The studio is currently expanding, and we are looking for exceptional candidates that will play a significant role building a new AAA game.
We are an iterative development studio and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe that the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Create and maintain animation graphs.
- Integrate new animations into the current pipeline.
- Debug animation graphs to solve gameplay animation issues.
- Ensure animation quality is not compromised by limitations of technical processes.
Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with a shipped title under your belt.
- Experience with graph based systems and setting up graphs.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Debugging animation graphs.
- Good ability to write technical documentation.
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic.
- Excellent understanding of node graphs, animation trees.
- Creative problem-solving attitude.
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.