SMITE - Rigger
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Character Rigger to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia to work on SMITE.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Riggers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Work closely with the Modeling, Animation, and Technical Art teams to create rigs that both provide functionally robust controls and that conform to technical envelopes.
- Weight / Skin characters in an efficient manner while maintaining deformation integrity and achieving a high degree of visual fidelity.
- Create tools that streamline the character creation workflow throughout the entire pipeline.
- Maintain character hierarchical standards, naming conventions, and other protocols.
- Troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups / scripts.
Skills & Requirements
What we are looking for:
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max.
- Past experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, and complex robotic / mechanical characters.
- Strong understanding of MAXScript, scripted controllers and expressions.
- In-depth knowledge of FK/IK systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, at times working within evolving content pipelines.
- 3-5 years experience with character rigging / skinning in a production environment.
- Unreal 3 Engine experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.