Senior Environment Artist
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Senior environment artist to join our team. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. Check out our website for other available in-house art roles, at our Oxford, Runcorn and Warwick offices, and our employee benefits; flexible start and finish times, pension, childcare and cycle schemes, events, giveaways and more…
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
You will need to have outstanding industry experience modeling, texturing, and ideally lighting game environments is required. Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modeling in Max, Maya, XNormal, Substance Designer and Substance Painter, and normal mapped game environments.
Skills & Requirements
- Create models of 3D environments, create PBR materials and textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritize own tasks
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognized 3d package such as Maya, 3dMax, or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox, and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer, Quixel, and how to bring this to engine.
- Skills in a recognized 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Knowledge and experience with photogrammetry pipelines would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience with Out-Source pipelines would be advantageous.
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets.
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
You can apply to this role via this link - https://apply.workable.com/rebellion-1/j/9D3AF6576F/apply
About the Company
Rebellion is one of Europe's largest independent game developers, working on some of the top franchises in the world on a range of formats including current and next-generation consoles, PC and mobile. We have studios in Oxford, Warwick, Runcorn - near Liverpool and Wakefield in Yorkshire in the UK. We also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters. 2019 saw the opening of Rebellion Film and TV studios located just outside of Oxford, in Didcot.
Want to learn more about us and what we can offer? Head over to www.rebellion.com
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Critical Illness cover
- Life assurance and Medicash scheme
- Income protection - Financial security if you are unable to work due to illness or injury
- Vitality active rewards - the scheme provides access to a large range of additional benefits and discounts as a reward for physical activity.
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where the company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home license for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc