UI Artist - Unannounced IP
The UI Artist will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of the video games’ menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UI Artist must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game’s creator, and the Programming department.
In this role you will :
- Conceive and create the visual content associated with a game’s menus and interfaces;
- Create the menus’ flow, layout, and high-quality assets;
- Iterate on designs according to work reviews, changing requirements and user playtests;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game’s graphical requirements;
- Reach the objectives thanks to a 360 understanding of the graphic needs of the game.
Skills & Requirements
What we're looking for :
- 2 to 5 years of experience as UI Artist (or equivalent) creating interfaces and menus for video games;
- Good sense of designing user interfaces with player comfort, empathy and UX in mind;
- A diverse portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design, layout design, iconography, motion design and typography of games;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Understanding of real-time game development needs;
- Creative and self-driven problem solver with a team-first attitude;
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine (or other game engines) is a plus.
How to Apply
You can apply directly through this link : https://jobs.lever.co/bhvr/16ad1ef3-f85d-4830-bf70-46d59d84a2e9/apply
About the Company
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.