Klaus is a feature length animated film from The SPA Studios.
The SPA Studios are using digital tools to reimagine the charm of classical 2d animation blended, with unique cutting edge digital techniques that adds a fresh volumetric look, lighting and texturing that people have come to expect in family movies.
- Ensure quality of composition of all the provided elements for each assigned shot. Ensure that assigned shots fit in the continuity of a sequence and fulfill the vision of the Directors, Art Directors, and CG Supervisor while meeting the production schedule
- Color grading and matching of the different elements
- Apply depth of field, motion blur and other kinds of effects where requested
- Seamlessly integrate 2d and 3d elements
- Guarantee color, mood and atmosphere continuity
- Ensure continuity problems in shots within the sequence are addressed
- Fx integration and creation of 2d comp effects
- Apply light and shadow 2d effects
- Ensure that comp setups are clean, documented and easy to understand. Pass off a shot to another comper when necessary
- Exchange comp elements with other teams or departments
- May be asked to interview possible new hires for the department
- May be asked to help train new staff
Skills & Requirements
- 2 years experience with Nuke on film
- Have critical eye for details
- Have good communication skills
- Have good team-working skills
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
How to Apply
Please apply via The SPA Studios website
About the Company
The SPA Studios offers the highest quality in Animation, Content & Visual Development, Character Design and Storyboarding. Founded by Sergio Pablos (Director, Screenwriter and Animator), our clients include Netflix, Universal, Blue Sky, Warner and Disney among other intrustry leading companies.
The studio credits include: Despicable me, RIO, Foosbal, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Treasure Planet...and we are currently in production with Netflix’ biggest animation project: KLAUS.