Senior Cinematic Animator - Total War
The award-winning Total War cinematic team at Creative Assembly are looking to add to its growing team. Reporting to the Principle Lead Animator, we are looking for a talented experienced animator who is ready to work within an established team.
The candidate will demonstrate a natural flare for crafting strong character narrative driven performances, with a keen artistic eye for detail, along with possessing a versatile animation skill set, complemented by good technical ability and a thorough understanding of the principles of animation. Maintaining and pushing standards to deliver high quality character animations for both human and fantasy creatures for in-game cinematics and promotional trailers created within the Total War game engine.
You will be working with the cinematic animation team to create believable, emotive character and facial animations (including lip syncing) for a wide-ranging set of characters for the Total War franchise. You will have a thorough understanding of the principles of animation, demonstrating a clear understanding of timing, weight, staging and appeal. Along with an advanced understanding of human and creature body mechanics.
Importantly, you will support the principle lead animator and mentor junior members of the team, maintaining and evolving established animation standards and applying new techniques where relevant. Ensuring assets are delivered on time – from creation through to implementation into the game engine.
You will be organised and proactive in problem-solving and be able to communicate well with the cinematics department and other departments within the Studio. You will also possess an all-round solid technical ability with experience in handling and editing motion capture data.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A proven track record in dealing with both cinematic and in-game animations.
- Have related in-engine experience along with an understanding of in-game cinematic tools and applications.
- Strong hand key animation ability, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of complex body mechanics for both human and creatures.
- Ability to manipulate and edit motion capture data.
- Facial and lip-syncing animation experience for both human and fantasy creatures.
- Be proficient in Maya and Motion Builder.
- Excellent artistic eye for cinema, scene composition and storytelling
- Have a solid understanding of camera narrative and the film making process.
- Work well within a team and be an active team player, having a can-do attitude.
- Be able to demonstrate all round creativity, artistic ability and imagination.
- Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
- Formal art training
- A love of games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.