Red Storm Entertainment is hiring – If you are a talented Technical Animator looking for a new challenge on a big AAA IP this may be the career for you! Join our talented crew and help us to develop the character pipeline for our next game!”
- Create and maintain all character rigs and deformations.
- Work with the character art and animation teams to create models that meet technical criteria.
- Develop pipeline tools that assist character artists and animators in their workflows.
- Create and maintain animation blend trees to meet the expectations of the game experience.
- Ability to create simple animations or modify existing animations to assist in prototyping features.
- Experience with both keyframe animation and motion capture.
- Collaborate with our partner studios to help develop asset pipelines.
- Work with production to prioritize tasks.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience creating and supporting complex character and weapon rigs.
- Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and/or character pipelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Python and DCC tools APIs.
- Good understanding of real time animation systems and game console constraints.
- Experience using motion capture systems
- Key Frame Animation Experience
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Unity experience
- First Person / VR experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Who We Are
Located in the heart of North Carolina’s Research Triangle, Red Storm Entertainment is building on a legendary history of innovation to create the cutting-edge game experiences of tomorrow. Under the direction of studio co-founder Steve Reid and a team of experienced managers, the studio has grown into a major game developer and delivered success after success with ongoing contributions to Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Far Cry, The Division, Rocksmith, and other notable Ubisoft brands.
Respected throughout the industry for its experienced, talented, and knowledgeable team, Red Storm takes pride in fostering a creative and engaging environment where individuals are empowered to make quality games.
Red Storm is steadfast in its mission to adapt and grow in order to reach new audiences and create top-quality, innovative gaming experiences. With access to the best tools and a proven formula for success, Red Storm Entertainment is poised to take advantage of the endless opportunities provided by the next generation of gaming.
Where We Came From
Founded in 1996 by novelist Tom Clancy, British Royal Navy Captain Doug Littlejohns, Creative Director Steve Reid, and thirteen developers, Red Storm released its first game in November of 1997: Politika.
Building on the success of the studio’s first title, Red Storm released the award-winning and best-selling Rainbow Six in 1998. The game defined the tactical shooter genre and established the studio as an industry leader.
Acquired by Ubisoft in 2000, Red Storm released its next breakthrough title, Ghost Recon, to numerous Game of the Year awards in 2001. Recognized worldwide as an integral part of Ubisoft, Red Storm has, for more than a decade, successfully developed games both independently and in collaboration with other Ubisoft studios.