Senior Environment Artist
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented artist to join our 3D team in Warsaw to work on Cyberpunk 2077. As Senior Environment Artist you will be creating a wide range of environments in futuristic settings, planning the composition and breathing life into the world of Cyberpunk by clever use of light.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Participating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/levels in our upcoming title — Cyberpunk 2077.
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Creating immersive lighting and environmental effects.
- Effectively cooperating with Level Designers, Concept Artists and everyone involved in creating locations.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with the use of existing meshes and decals.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 6 years of experience working in the video game industry and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop as well as one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Good knowledge of composition, colour theory and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge about Level Design is a plus.
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Artists and designers should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for ongoing recruiting process”
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
About the Company
WE OFFER YOU
- A chance to work in a passionate and creative environment among other experienced and talented cutscene artists.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- A free MultiSport card.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers.
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 450 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.