Technical Artist - RPG Team
Playground Games is seeking a Technical Artist to join our world class team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent on an entirely new open world AAA project.
As a Technical Artist, you will be building internal art processes and guiding asset pipeline implementation in collaboration with the Tools and Rendering teams.
Ideally, you'll have experience of working on published console titles with a knowledge of industry tools. Familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting, process automation and procedural creation would be ideal for this role.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and support content creators.
- Experience of working on published titles on consoles preferable.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Experience with Shader creation and PBR material workflow.
- Demonstrable ability with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Experience of game engines and toolsets.
- Exposure to C#.
- Exposure to Houdini and/or procedural creation techniques.
- A passion for games and game visuals.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.