Hard Surface Artist
Cloud Imperium is looking for a hard surface artist at all levels. Cloud Imperium is the ground breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space sim Star Citizen. We continue to set higher standards of quality and push the boundaries on what is possible in a modern game engine. We are a group of talented developers in a fast-paced environment and encourage ownership and thinking on your feet. Join our team of star-performers in pushing the envelope on in game visuals.
Cloud Imperium games is looking for artists with experience working in hard surfaces. Our artists are responsible for working closely with designers to create ships of all shapes, setup in strike teams, you will be work together to craft these beautiful flying multiplayer levels.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of industrial design, our ships require a strong degree of technical knowledge both in the software we use and the function areas that need to be developed to make a fully functioning ship for the Star Citizen universe. They work well and communicate with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team oriented development process.
Skills & Requirements
- Working from concept models and images to turn them in fully-functional, flyable works of art
- Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to understand and implement correct file naming and directory structure requirements within the engine’s limitations
- As part of a team, maintain the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation, and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high-quality models
- Work with technical artists and animators to deliver ‘animation ready’ solutions, landing gear, cockpits, cargo doors, ejection seats, etc.
- Hard surface modeling experience.
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders
- A keen eye for industrial design
- Excellent sense of form, mass, and volume
- Passion for pushing the state-of-the-art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- Knowledge and/or experience with physically based rendering (PBR)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An avid gamer
- A love of sci-fi
- Experience in vehicle or industrial design
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our website
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.