- Partner with Creative Directors and Game Designers to define the art direction in service of the game design and the player experience
- Create visual style guides and define the visual targets for the artists
- Review and approve art assets to ensure they meet the visual style and quality standards
- Provide direction and constructive feedback to the artists on their work
- Provide art direction to multiple art disciplines
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to advance art creation workflows to push the quality bar
*Please note that there is a possibility we offer the position as a contract employee.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in an Art Lead or Art Director role
- Expertise with 2D and 3D art asset production workflows
- Experience in creating and communicating an art style for a project
- Ability to work with other disciplines to realize their artistic vision
- Experience providing constructive criticism and direction to a team of artists
- Organized and with a great eye for detail
- Self-motivated with great communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in an Art Director role
- Experience managing or mentoring artists
- Japanese language proficiency or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Capcom franchises
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website here:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Work History
About the Company
Changing the future of gaming together.
From Japan to the world.
Capcom is a leading Japanese publisher and developer responsible for creating iconic franchises such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. Since the growth of gaming in the 80s, Capcom continues to produce games that resonate with a global audience and their IP have been wholly integrated in pop culture. The company has left their mark across generations, engaging both new and vintage audiences.
At Capcom, you have the opportunity to work with veterans and passionate teams in the field. Capcom is known for its unique art-style and approaches to game design. As a bonus, you get to live in the historic and vibrant city of Osaka, close to both Kyoto and Nara, the cultural capitals of Japan. Come join us and take up the challenge of building new worlds while expanding your own.
Copyright ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.