Senior World Artist - Crucible
Amazon Game Studios is looking for versatile, talented, and passionate Senior World Artist to help us realize the beautiful world of Crucible. In this role, you will work with disciplines across the studio-- ranging from the environment, art direction, and concept teams to design, audio, and narrative and more-- to help drive the visual quality in the world of Crucible. You will be responsible for taking models as well as entire levels from chunky blockouts to full-realized, bar-raising masterpieces to help develop our game and our universe. And all of this while working with a team full of industry-leading talent responsible for more blockbuster hits that you can imagine!
Amazon e-commerce, Amazon Web Services, Twitch, digital and physical media publishing… imagine being able to invent within this sandbox of Amazon assets to create awe-inspiring games for fans. In this role you will create a wide variety of assets to help us build the beautiful and dynamic world of Crucible alongside a world-class development team, taking risks on ideas that can set standards and radically evolve gameplay experiences.
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cut across age, gender and nationality. If you share our vision that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
- Create a wide variety of assets ranging from alien organics to hard-surface props and architecture- Including ‘hero’ assets which help set and raise standards for the team
- Take assets as well as entire levels from chunky design graybox to fully-realized, sculpted, modeled, and textured works of art that meld beautifully and cohesively into the larger compositions
- Collaborate with fellow world artists and design to create a variety of beautiful, performant, cohesive, and FUN levels!
- Collaborate with disciplines across the studio to identify and address areas of need or concern, ensuring the best possible fusion of aesthetics and gameplay
- Possess the organizational skills, expertise, and drive to completely own entire levels from start to finish
- Work closely with design to maintain and enhance gameplay clarity and navigation, as well as performance of levels during development
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as a world artist
- 2+ shipped AAA title using modern production techniques, including: PBR workflow, Substance Designer/Painter for production ready assets
- 5+ years experience with texture/ material authoring packages (Substance Designer/ Painter, photoshop, etc.) in a production environment
- 5+ years experience with major 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox) in a production environment
- Online portfolio (including notes on contributions towards images)
- 10+ years of experience in the games industry as a senior world artist
- Ability to own and drive development of mid-to-large sized projects from concept to finish (i.e. taking a level from graybox to final at a high quality bar with little direction)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management and work discipline.
- Expert knowledge in major DCC software tools (Photoshop/Max/Maya/Substance/zBrush)
- Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Lumberyard, Unity, CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Highly Proficient in major 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox)
- Expert level with texture/ material authoring packages (Substance Designer/ Painter, photoshop, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
- Expert with modular level construction
- Advanced understanding of Physically-Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Advanced skills in hard-surface and organic modeling
- Self-motivated problem solver, ability to work well independently.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
At Amazon Game Studios, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. Access to massive computing and communications has fueled massive growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, fans and game developers of all sizes. At Amazon Game Studios, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support multiple games being developed in our Seattle, San Diego, and Irvine studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.