At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking to recruit a UI Artist to help shape the user interfaces within our Unreal Engine 4 simulations. You will work closely with other UI Artists and UI Engineers to assist in the design, creation and implementation of game menu systems and related overlays for in-game features. The successful candidate will be experienced working in a user interface design position in the video games or interactive website creative industries, with good technical abilities, knowledge of the UE4 editor and excellent attention to detail.
- Assist the UI team in the creation of UI design bibles, feature mock-upsand screen menu designs
- Design and create required art assets for use in UI creation
- Work closely with the Production team, Lead Artist and UI team to create mock-upsand prototypes of UI features
- Work closely with the Producers, Designers and UI team to design & implement UI features and flow
- Rapidly iterate upon design implementations to ensure the most intuitive experience is presented to the player
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Testing & bug fixing implemented UI screens to ensure high quality deliverables
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent and proven graphic and information design background
- Proficient with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Experience with Adobe XD beneficial
- Experience in design / prototyping of motion graphics beneficial (After Effects, Animate CC, etc)
- Strong Usability Design/Test experience
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Experience of working in the games industry beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.