Environment Concept Artist, Senior Level
Twisted Pixel Games is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Level Environment Concept Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a team-oriented, collaborative approach to development, and is passionate and proactive in doing what it takes to make the best games possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop concepts from quick sketch iteration to final, fully realized art, evolving and adapting the design as needed by the design team.
- Work closely with the Art Director and the 3D art team to turn your beautifully proportioned, magnificently colored, personality-oozing creations to life.
- Visualize ideas primarily for game Environments, but also for other aspects of video game development such as characters, weapons, visual effects, vehicles, etc.
- Create precise drawings of blue-sky concepts for 3D artists to work from.
- Help develop a unique mood and feel for each project through your expertise in the use of color, value, framing and posing in your images.
Skills & Requirements
- 6+ Years of direct experience concepting for video games or film.
- Skilled in Photoshop, other 2d and 3d software knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work within established art styles as well as adapting to help create new IPs.
- Strong traditional art skills including an understanding of proportion, composition, color theory, lighting and perspective.
- Awesome communication skills and the ability to take and give constructive criticism.
- Be a self-motivated art beast with a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Able to produce quality work quickly in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment in both prototype and production capacities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new art styles.
- MUST love to draw and create great art.
- Highly skilled in storyboarding and/or sequential art is a HUGE plus.
This position is located in Austin, Texas. Relocation assistance is available.
All applicants must currently be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
At Twisted Pixel Games you will have the opportunity to work on exciting new IPs and contribute to established, well-known titles. In a community-minded, independent studio environment, you’ll get to make your mark on our games in significant ways with people who share your passion for game development.
Enjoy great benefits and perks including:
- Major Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with Company Matching
- Company-paid group life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Frequent Team Outings and Fun Company Events
- Monthly Game Tournaments
- Open Office Environment with Close-Knit Team
- Stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team! Please visit www.twistedpixelgames.com/careers and complete our application.
** Submissions without a link to a current portfolio will not be considered **
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters / Recruitment Agencies / Executive Search Firms: Twisted Pixel Games does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters or recruiting agencies. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employees of Twisted Pixel Games. Twisted Pixel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About the Company
Twisted Pixel is the award-winning studio behind a wide variety of console and virtual reality games. The studio’s first title, The Maw, was a 2009 IGF finalist and 2008 PAX 10 Audience Choice Award winner. Wilson’s Heart, their first collaboration with Oculus Studios, was the winner of the Best Virtual Reality Game at Gamescom in 2016.
Since 2006, Twisted Pixel has been focused on creating character-driven original games across various platforms, including Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, Ms Splosion Man, Kinect-exclusive The Gunstringer, Xbox One launch title LocoCycle, and Oculus exclusives Defector, B-Team and Path of the Warrior.