We are increasing the Tech-Art presence across our projects here at Splash Damage and so we’re looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
- Optimise run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Skills & Requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is preferred
- Passion for games and game development
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Some familiarity with rigging and animation
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Knowledge of performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://www.splashdamage.com/careers/job/oRrhcfwv
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
About the Company
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.