Art Generalist (All levels)
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Art Generalists help contribute across multiple facets of art to help create game experiences. They work hand in hand with engineers and game designers into finding solutions for turning GDDs into great player experiences. Our Art Generalists are passionate about wearing multiple hats to solve whatever is needed. They also assist Technical Artists into helping define pipelines and creating workflows for the rest of the art team.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated person who is passionate about making games, and especially how art plays its role in game development.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are:
- Game Developer: You are a game aficionado. Making games is just a way to translate this passion. You have a broad knowledge on what it takes to create games and you are curious about what is out there regarding game development.
- Artist: You know your way around multiple art disciplines (such as 3D modeling, rigging, animation, VFX, etc.) and what it takes to make an efficient while visually appealing asset for the game.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge. You are good interacting with a wide range of people, from very distinct backgrounds and specialities
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines. You are always on the lookout for the best solutions for game development and fast iterations.
- Engine Expertise: You have experience working with Unity and or other game engines, as well as Git, knowing your way from the folder structures to implementing a fully playable game.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will be part of multiple teams, with distinct members, objectives and problems to solve in each of them. You'll also be communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, from junior game developers and game designers all the way to senior leadership.
- Problem Solving: You will help transform GDDs into playable mobile games, as well, as help define the pipelines for the next phases of development. That means that you will encounter all sorts of problems and obstacles along the way, working your way around them as efficiently as possible.
- Iteration: You will iterate in multiple ways to find the best solution for gameplay and the overall player experience. That means working fast, failing fast and making corrections also fast.
- Pipeline: You will help define pipelines and processes for different areas that will work on the game after you, especially on the art disciplines that you are more experienced at.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
What you'll need:
- Experience making multiple games, as an indie and/or inside a game studio.
- Experience working with Unity engine.
- Experience with a 3D software package.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in mobile games.
- You have experience working with Maya.
- You have experience with Technical Art and some coding.
Apply for this position clicking here.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
About the Company
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).