We are looking for a skilled storyboard artist with a passion for games to closely partner with producers, writers, and artists to deliver first in class gaming experiences. Qualified applicants need to be highly organized with strong communication skills to successfully collaborate with creative teams and ensure the timely delivery of high quality content.
As a storyboard artist, you will work directly with internal and external teams, plus other key stakeholders across disciplines, to deliver the following:
- Convey ideas quickly through clear, representational and sequential drawings. Emphasis on clarity and speed over detailed rendering.
- Work closely with animation and design to illustrate gameplay concepts for player characters and NPCs.
- Work with cinematic animation and narrative to storyboard scripts and illustrate camera language.
- Contributes to the composition, screen direction, camera angles, staging, posing, pace, and timing of the visual narrative.
- Incorporate notes and feedback as needed for sequences.
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio of storyboarding work that demonstrates quick and clear visual storytelling for drama, action and combat
- Experience putting together 2D animatics from storyboards
- Strong cinematography skillset, eye for composition, cinematic vocabulary
- Organization skills and ability to work with a clear naming convention
- Sample work of 2D animatics and/or previs animationsthat exhibits a strong emphasis on visual storytelling, including staging, composition, and editing.
- Understanding of gameplay concepts of locomotion and combat, controller input etc
How to Apply
Please apply through Aquent: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1369796056
About the Company
The Initiative is a new first-party game studio located in Santa Monica backed by Microsoft. Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.
At the Initiative, we are looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define our culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.