Senior Concept Artist
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Concept Artist to join the Star Trek team. Working with the Art Director and Lead Artist you will help to define and conceptualise assets for Star Trek™ Fleet Command.
The Concept Artist is expected to creatively design every aspect of the game ranging from characters, environments and vehicles, as well as creating mood paintings and key imagery.
We are looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and motivated artist who will help push our visual quality bar to the next level. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Art team and will be expected to help drive the look and feel of Star Trek™ Fleet Command
Here's what you will be doing:
- Creating concept art that drives the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release
- Working with the Art Director and Lead Artist to conceptualise a deep and meaningful world vision
- Working with the Art Director and Lead Artist to conceptualise iconic spaceships, stations and officers, as well as designing unique and interesting mission characters
- Supporting the 3D team with paintovers and support sketches throughout production as required
- Working with the Lead Artist and Creative Producer to track and maintain your tickets throughout a Sprint
Perks of the job, to name a few:
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over half of our team from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
At DIGIT we are committed to creating a supportive work environment with a diverse team and a positive atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability or age.
Skills & Requirements
To do this job, you will need:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry
- Mastery of traditional art skills including composition, painting, drawing, sketching, and colour theory and design
- An solid understanding of 3D modelling software to create initial mockups or manipulate existing 3D files
- Expert in the use of Photoshop or Painter
- A varied and extensive portfolio showing examples of realistic environments, vehicles, buildings and character design work.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to organise, prioritise and execute on tasks and assignments within a specific deadline
- To work independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision
While not mandatory, below are some nice to haves:
- After Effects skills
- Understanding of game production, design process, and methodology
- Storyboarding experience
- Illustration experience
- Marketing experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through the following link:
About the Company
DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries. Our latest project Star Trek™ Fleet Command, launched globally in November 2018 and is redefining strategy gaming on mobile. DIGIT officially joined Scopely in May 2019, with offices in LA, Barcelona, Tokyo and Colorado.