Technical Lighting Artist
Technical Lighting Artist to work on Halo Infinite. We're looking for a solid team player with excellent communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and technical briefs and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
Serve as a liaison between Design/Art and Engineering teams, working with our Lighting Artists and Engineers.
Consult with other technical artists to identify solutions, efficiencies, and tools for the enhancement of lighting.
Help establish, communicate and enforce guidelines, standards and budget for lighting solutions.
Create and maintain documentation of lighting processes, pipelines, workflows and technology.
Help prototype, test and verify dynamic and baked lighting techniques and tools.
Run tests against established standards, offline rendering systems and real-life lighting references to verify game content.
Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
Actively improve skills and knowledge base by keeping up to date with cutting edge industry trends and technologies and evaluating new lighting ideas, systems and packages.
Skills & Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Understanding of lighting theory, color space, photography, exposure, reflection, occlusion, dynamic range, color correction, post-process, etc.
- Understanding of physically based materials and workflows, global illumination and light baking techniques.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Experience with real-time game engines.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with shader authoring
How to Apply
About the Company
Aquent Games is the #1 partner in the video game industry for studios and talent alike. Today’s leading AAA game studios trust us to recruit, staff, and employ the highly specialized talent they need. Aquent Games is powered by the largest staffing firm in the marketing, creative, and experience design space, recruiting and supporting A-players and making unparalleled matches for 35 years.