Cloud Imperium Games
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Job type: Permanent
Foundry 42 Ltd in Wilmslow, United Kingdom is looking for an Animator to work with the design team under direction of the Lead and Animation Director on animation related areas within Squadron 42 for Star Citizen.
• Collaborate with Animation Director, Animation Lead and Senior Animators on implementing animations within the game engine
• Working mostly with motion capture data to implement locomotion sets, background characters and scripted events. Key frame ability necessary but the focus will be motion capture editing.
• Ensure timely coAnimatormpletion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar
• Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved
• 2+ years of professional experience in game development – in an Animator capacity
• Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1-2+, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
• Good knowledge with Maya / Motionbuilder
• Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines
• An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team
• Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• Knowledge with CryENGINE
• Motion Capture experience (Motionbuilder)
• Cinematography knowledge
• Experience with rigging
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes
• Experience with Outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.