Senior Hard Surface Artist
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Hard Surface Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Hard Surface Artist, you’ll be part of a team creating high quality 3D hard surface assets that contribute to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to closely work together with other artists and designers and creatively participate in all steps of the project. From early concept to final product.
Skills & Requirements
- Create realistic 3D hard surface assets (weapons, vehicles etc.) that fit the over-all style of the project.
- Work from concepts/references and expand them creatively.
- Follow tight deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as a game artist.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an interest for military aesthetics and a passion for mechanical devices and hard surface modelling.
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent software.
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Good high poly modelling skills.
- Experience with creating PBR materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- A passion for games; especially for shooter games.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com