User Interface Artist
This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
Portfolio review and presentation will be required.
Our client is a major AAA studio and they are looking for a UI Artist to join their team working on the next, shooter experience. As a UI Artist, you are central to defining amazing user experiences across activities and devices for one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry. If you’re a passionate, talented and driven artist in this field, this is where you need to be!
UI Artists’ responsibilities range between producing 2D and 3D assets, menu screens, HUD visuals, branding, and additional user interface graphics as required. The ideal candidate must be highly effective in ambiguous situations, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
UI Artists must communicate and collaborate strongly with our UX Design team; together, these roles are responsible for the information design and execution of complex UI flows and delivering a world class user experience to our consumers. The ideal candidate will have a good balance of visual design and UX design for games, is experienced in both, although art is where your main passion lies.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with the UI Art team to define the look and feel of our user interface, creating exceptional UI Art for the experiences we are crafting.
- Implement and iterate on UI screens using our UI Toolset within our game engine.
- Create concept sketching, wire-framing and high-fidelity UI mockups/prototypes.
- Collaborate with our UX designers to ensure we are delivering on a compelling and intuitive user experience.
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Developers to iterate on best solutions to UI challenges.
- Generate 2D and 3D assets for use in various areas of the game
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience in UI art or visual design for games
- Solid understanding of fundamental graphic design principles
- Understanding of UX/UI design for console platforms
- Experience creating iconography & 2D vector art
- Ability to produce and iterate on quality work quickly in pursuit of the best visual design solution
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows and software
- Thorough knowledge and experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in After Effects or motion design software a plus
- Experience in 3D software like Cinema 4D, Maya, or 3DS Max a plus
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Degree in graphic design or related field
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!