Character TD / Rigger (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Naughty Dog is seeking a Character TD / Rigger to come join our team! This talented individual should be able to work with minimal input and feel comfortable working in a team environment. Our ideal candidate possesses strong technical skills in rigging, an artistic eye, and passion for video games.
- Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs/setups
- Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process
- Work with production management to prioritize tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years of production experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
- Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya (in film, broadcast, or game environments)
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python and MEL
- Experience setting up production pipelines, while being able to follow guidelines
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- C++ experience
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete an art test.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: Character TD / Rigger (Temporary Assignment)
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works here at Naughty Dog. Here is what you can expect from us:
- Upon submission, you will receive an automated message stating your resume has been received and will be reviewed thoroughly by our recruiting team.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible to respond directly to each candidate.
- If you are selected, you will be contacted for an initial phone screen or test.
- The next step is a second phone or Skype interview, or an invite to come out and meet us at the studio.
- In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
- If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file for future consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Naughty Dog.
About the Company
Naughty Dog is the developer of some of the most critically acclaimed and top-selling video games on PlayStation platforms, having created the classic Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter series, as well as modern franchises Uncharted and The Last of Us. We have become recognized as industry leaders for our storytelling, graphics and cinematic quality in our games. The studio is currently developing The Last of Us Part II.
Naughty Dog is also home to Sony World Wide Studios’ ICE Team, a central technology group that focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony’s worldwide first-party published titles, including low-level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools.
Since Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we also have many perks that comes from being in the Sony family – movie screenings on the Sony Pictures lots and discounts on electronics, music, movies and PlayStation hardware and software. Of course, you just can’t beat our location. Naughty Dog is based near the ocean – and beaches – in Santa Monica, California, where beautiful weather and fair temperatures grace us year-round.