Character Rigging and Animation Artist
As the Character Rigging and Animation Artist at Morph 3D, you’ll be responsible for animating and creating an efficient character rigging system for our avatar creation tools. Your background demonstrates a proficient knowledge of the tools required to bring our content to life on a variety of platforms. You’ll be a key step in our animation pipeline, needing strong communication and time management skills to ensure that assets are move efficiently through production.
We will need to see examples of your work. Please include a link to your portfolio demonstrating animation, abilities in rigging, scripting, along with proficiency in tools or plug-in design. Character and prop rigs are best for demonstration purposes.
Skills & Requirements
- Integration of character animations and rigs into the production pipeline, animating from scratch and importing stock animations
- Provide support to character rigs throughout production
- Provide knowledge and solutions for complex rigging, and secondary animation
- Develops tools and plug-ins to optimize animation and rigging workflow
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience and understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation
- Excellent understanding of human anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
- Mastery of 3ds Max, Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- Experience working in the games industry as a character animator/rigger
- Experience with game engine rigging and animation systems like Unity or Unreal
- Knowledge and competency with 3D software, scripting, modeling, animation, and rendering
- Experience with creating custom support structures for character assets (ie, objects, ponytails, etc that can move independently from the normal body structure)
- One or more shipped game titles
- Experience with multiple game engines, preferably Unity or Unreal
- Proficient time and project management skills
How to Apply
Send your resume, a cover letter and your portfolio to Peter Hodgson at email@example.com.
About the Company
As a culture, we are constantly looking for new ways to express ourselves and define our identity. The world of VR is helping us do that and at Morph 3D, we are influencers. This is an industry we know well, love deeply, and truly believe to be world-changing.
At Morph 3D, you have an opportunity to innovate and influence technology we care about. We want someone who is excited about the future they are creating and ready to conquer any challenge thrown at them.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage packages
- Latest XR technologies at your disposal
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks