WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Top of the line UI artist with significant experience using the Unity Engine
- UI Creation
- FX Creation
- Texturing skills
- Knowledge of 3D creation packages (Max, Maya).
Full-time and on-site
As soon as possible
We’re currently looking for an experienced UI Artist with a leaning towards technical pipelines with the right skillset to join our expanding team. Ideally this person would have a strong passion for the UI and UX across casual and cartoony mobile games. Secondarily, the candidate has a passion for the Unity technical pipeline as a support skill.
- Create appealing UI across multiple titles, in development and live, working directly with the Art Director.
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
- Create animated prototypes demonstrating UI/UX flow.
- Collaborate with the design and programming departments in the implementation of UI components and the desired flow of the game UX.
- Iterate using feedback from multiple departments to drive and polish features to a high quality state.
- Ideally can animate button presses, screen transitions and UI FX.
- Integrate assets in the games without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the target devices.
- Learn game engine capabilities and limitations, enthusiastic to ‘find a way’ to meet challenging artistic visions.
- Troubleshoot/debug/firefight technical issues in live and developing projects.
- Produce particles, shaders and other VFX in the UI space.
- Develop and maintain UI production/workflow/pipeline documentation pertaining to each project.
Skills & Requirements
- Extremely strong portfolio of UI visuals with a lean toward the casual and cartoon aesthetic.
- Exceptional graphic design skills across iconography, layout, typography and colour theory with a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- Ability to render visuals to a high quality combined with a strong understanding of UI and UX principles.
- Wireframe and layout prototype expertise.
- A creative, multi-disciplined person who can work with artists, programmers, designers and engineers to both improve workflow and implement new features.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design across the games industry.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal - the need to keep people in the loop is essential.
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for UI asset creation and flow in mobile games.
- Comfort with new in-house technologies and able to work within, maintain and develop new features with them.
- Proficiency in entire Adobe Suite.
- Extremely proficient within the Unity game asset pipeline.
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Keen ability to create appealing, mobile friendly UI.
- Desire and ability to work both collaboratively in small group dynamics and across teams, must be self motivated to drive large features autonomously.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organized and timely.
- Strong passion for gaming.
- At least 2 years professional game industry experience.
- Experience with 3D modeling in Max or Maya.
- 2D traditional conceptual portfolio
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send portfolio link and cover letter with application. All submissions without a portfolio will be rejected.
About the Company
Do you love games? We love games. At Game Circus, we are 50+ creative individuals with a common passion for developing casual games. We are constantly striving to create the best family-friendly mobile games in the market, and making sure we have fun developing them. Founded in 2010 and based in Dallas, our games have amassed over 300,000,000 downloads on iOS and Android platforms. Our success is grounded on taking pride in our games, casual atmosphere, creative culture, and flexible benefits.