Senior VFX Artist
As a visual effects artist, there’s nothing you can’t do. You know how to lead and inspire a team of other VFX artists. You can use particle systems (from explosions to flares), dazzle the world with animated sequences, and work your magic with advanced materials. Right now, there’s just one thing between you and greatness – applying for this job!
Skills & Requirements
Check out the game plan
- Produce visual effects for our games, including particle systems and animated sequences.
- Produce optimized materials/shaders.
- Follow concept art, storyboards, and written descriptions in order to prototype and implement FX in our games.
- Research and investigate new technologies.
- Develop and maintain game architecture.
- Work closely with the internal art and programming teams.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to help create and maintain FX art direction for our games.
- Create FX textures, using simple geometry and UVs.
- Optimize FX for frame rate and memory usage.
Put your superpowers to work
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues.
- Assist in solving technical problems to ensure smooth, consistent gameplay.
- Communicate well with producers and artists in order to adhere to scheduled deadlines.
- Work effectively and efficiently as part of the team in a multilingual environment.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude.
- Good timing and animation sense.
- Self-directed and independent working style.
Share your top score
- 5+ years of experience in game development.
- Strong artistic and technical background (e.g. game development, graphics, etc.).
- Experience using Unity Editor or similar game engine.
- Experience using Unity Animator and Particle System, or equivalent.
- Basic shader and C# coding knowledge.
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with Photoshop and Maya.
- Experience with UX, usability, game development, GIT, Python, and Houdini is a plus.
- Experience writing shaders in CG or other shading languages would be a significant advantage.
Play bonuses and perks on repeat
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employment relationship with Outfit7 Barcelona subsidiary.
- Trial Period applies.
- Diverse work in a relaxed, international environment taking on exciting daily challenges as part of a talented young team.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Participation in attractive projects.
An attractive compensation package will be constructed, consisting of a base salary and participation in a profit-sharing scheme.
How to Apply
About the Company
WE TAKE FUN SERIOUSLY.
Outfit7. Another word for entertainment
Outfit7 Limited is one of the fastest-growing multinational family entertainment companies on the planet, best known for its global phenomenon Talking Tom, which grew from an instant app success into a fully-fledged media franchise in the years since its launch.
Founded in 2009 by entrepreneurs on a mission to bring fun and entertainment to all, Outfit7’s highly successful portfolio now includes free mobile apps and games, a CGI animated series and web shorts, a global licensing and merchandising program, and chart-topping YouTube videos.
Here at Outfit7, we’re all about good, honest fun; this is what drives us and this is why our Talking Tom and Friends franchise is known and loved by fans in every single country on the planet.. It’s the reason why our apps have won awards and been downloaded over 8 billion times worldwide. That’s more than the current world population!