We're looking for an ambitious ART DIRECTOR to lead entire projects from start to finish in multiple creative tracks, providing vision and clarity for the internal and offsite production staff.
- Directs the art concept, production, post-production of multiple projects to deliver on-budget, on-time, on-model, technically compliant, and performant game art
- Provides guidance/direction for not only art, but UI, design, animation, sound, branding, typography, and CGI look & feel
- Contribute to the further development of the content pipeline
- Prepares Creative Briefs that include project summary, demographics/relevant data, moodboard, look & feel references, mockups, and timeline
- Participates in creative brainstorming sessions in coordination with Creative Director and Product Managers
- Present project proposals and team updates to company stakeholders
- Meets with the Creative Directors, Producers, and Product Managers as-needed for reviews, sprint planning, and roadmap planning
- Has visibility into asset delivery dates; can speak to this in absence of Producer
- Responsible for mentoring/training new hires to the team and stimulating a positive environment to ensure cultural cohesion is upheld
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years experience in Game Art Management (casual casino highly preferred)
- Demonstrable understanding of foundation art principles including drawing, color theory, anatomy, lighting
- Demonstrable understanding of typography and graphic design
- Experience in critiquing and clear communication of ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative and collaborative work environment
- Self-directed, driven; willing to ask for help or engage assistance
- A good mentor to junior staff-- has applicable career experience and can speak to it
- A team player-- open to new ideas and supportive of sharing & creativity
- Able to work hands-on as-needed to provide sketch layouts, concepts, draw-over, and paint-over
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Applications must include a link to your online portfolio.
References (2-3) needed for all Management positions
Please send your application to email@example.com
About the Company
SILICON VALLEY product ingenuity x LAS VEGAS integrated resort experience x ASIA PACIFIC games market = PLAYSTUDIOS ASIA, based in Hong Kong!
We are a mobile / social games company competing in the fast-growing and dynamic mobile / social games market with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘play for fun' model.
Our mission is to make the industry's most beautiful, engaging, and polished games in partnership with iconic travel, hospitality, and entertainment brands and offer aspirational travel and leisure experiences as loyalty rewards to our best customers. We are growing our team of world-class product, engineering, marketing, and loyalty talent!