Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Animator to work closely with the lead animators to maintain and create high quality animations for both real time in game movement and pre-rendered animatics. The Animator assists the lead in helping define process and pipelines along with aesthetic goals.
- Responsible for animating 3D character models in a realistic game, including working with motion capture data, hand key frame animations.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of areas and characters.
- Animation Bug fixing.
- Work with engineers and designers to prototype new game features.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in character keyframe animation or equivalent work experience.
- A degree with an emphasis on animation desired.
- 3+ years game industry experience or related entertainment industry experience.
- Additional Minimum 3 years of complex relevant experience within animation.
- Proven Key Framing Knowledge and Skill set.
- Worked with Motion Capture Data.
- Experience with open world/3rd person as well as some combat motion experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Motion Builder (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Vicon Blade, Optitrack Motive etc.).
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Highly organized. Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Familiar with the Unreal Engine.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Animator
About the Company
The creative team that brought the Mortal Kombat franchise to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!