As a Technical Artist, you are responsible for working with the Technical Art team to ensure real-time gameplay maintains high visual quality, yet remains performant and functional.
You will be expected to work closely with the engineering, lighting, level art, and FX teams to proactively remove blockers and assist with any performance related issues.
- Proactively work with other disciplines to identify pain points in workflow and help determine solutions for them
- Run-time performance – work with art teams to reduce content complexity, lighting cost, draw calls, etc. where appropriate, while maintaining visual quality
- Use pix to identify performance concerns in cinematics and communicate over-budget assets out to the respective teams
- Work with technical animation team to help identify and troubleshoot any animation related issues
- Work with character art team to help identify and troubleshoot character specific problems (Morph targets, materials/shaders, etc.)
- Educating, technical documenting, and communicating with external vendors
- Fix bugs in the game as they are reported
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of Technical Art experience on AAA titles
- Strong knowledge of production pertaining to video games
- The ability to problem solve, specifically test and debug technical issues
- Strong knowledge of Unreal 4 or equivalent engine
- Strong knowledge of shader creation and optimization
- Strong knowledge in 2D/3D art packages (Photoshop/Maya)
- Scripting/programming in python, C# and C++ a plus
- Houdini/Substance Designer a plus
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Shawn at Aquent: email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.