Real-Time VFX Artist (All Levels)
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Real-Time VFX Artists help breath life, depth and immersion to our game experiences. For that to happen, the Real-Time VFX Artists work closely on all aspects of the game development process. Our Real-Time VFX Artists have a strong sense of elevating gameplay by adding dynamic, clear and breathtaking effects that will astonish our players.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are:
- Craft Knowledge: You craft and implement compelling moments using your knowledge of shape language, values, colors, textures and animation principles.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
- Software Expertise: You have experience working across multiple software packages to create effective VFX assets such as Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Substance Designer, EmberGen, Houdini, PopcornFX, etc.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Art Directors to help establish a cohesive look for our games. You will also work with various other artists and disciplines such as engineering, design and audio to bring viscerality to our gameplay.
- Problem Solving: You will prototype VFX and shaders which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Game Developer Mindset: You will balance both the quality and efficiency of your VFX assets while working under tight deadlines.
- Prototyper: To achieve the best product value, you will iterate on what feels right. You'll be tasked with concepting and blocking out solutions to test in game during the development process. It's not all about the polishing.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a VFX Artist in games or proven ability to execute real-time assets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
- You own a basic knowledge of motion graphics and 3d asset creation.
Apply for this position clicking here.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
About the Company
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).