Senior Technical Animator
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Art Director and the Lead Animator, the selected candidate will be in charge of rigging, skinning and controlling animation data flow on various productions, creating high-quality content with provided tools and assets. Specific tasks include:
- Setting up custom human character rigs, complex vehicle rigs with secondary dynamic animation, and possibly also environment FX rigs;
- Writing utility scripts and tools to streamline the rigging setup process;
- Collaborating with animators to design motion controls;
- Developing and maintaining character motion and deformation systems;
- Developing secondary dynamic systems;
- Getting involved in R&D and tool building to improve the animation pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of 3ds Max / Maya (custom rig/character studio/CATs) and MotionBuilder;
- Experience writing scripts and automating rigging processes (Python/MAXscript);
- More than 5 years’ experience in a professional production environment;
- Experience with setting up state machines and the procedural animation pipeline;
- Experience in setting up custom rigs for characters/vehicles;
- Good understanding of 3D FK/IK skeletal animation systems for both control and deformation of 3D characters (stylised and realistic);
- Experience with secondary animation systems (including clothing/hair simulation) preferred.
How to Apply
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
You can apply directly here.
About the Company
The leading creator and publisher of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's list of the “Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games Worldwide”. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. With a monthly audience of 114 million unique players in Gameloft games, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers brands and agencies a unique level of visibility. Gameloft is a Vivendi Group company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.