AAA Game Shader Artist
This AAA game studio is all about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing, and looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players.
As a shader artist, you are responsible for developing the final look of a wide variety of surfaces including both characters and environments. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of the creation of surfaces that will be used in a variety of lighting scenarios. Your knowledge of physically based rendering will be utilized in guiding the art team in developing shader and texture pipelines that are both consistent between assets and are high in quality.
- Develop master shaders inside of Unreal utilizing existing built-in shader functions and custom HLSL code for characters and environments, this will include skin, hair, clothing, and a variety of environment surfaces. These surfaces will also require additional shader VFX based on the creative vision of the project.
- Experience building shaders that optimize texture usage but also maintain highly detailed surfaces.
- Collaborate with character, environment, and FX artists to build master shaders that will allow the team to realize the creative vision for the project.
- Knowledge of how artists utilize substance or other content creation packages and how to guide the process to produce textures that work well with master shaders.
- Experience with optimizing shaders to be efficient at runtime.
- Knowledge of how to develop shaders that work well within range of lighting scenarios.
- Experience building shader systems that allow for the reuse of base shaders through layered systems.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years game development experience, specifically in shader development
- Experience writing HLSL or other shader language
- Experience building shaders within a game engine like Unreal / Unity
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Shawn at Aquent: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.