3D Artist - Generalist
As a 3D artist you will be at the forefront of one of our new titles. You will help drive the artistic and world vision by creating highly compelling artwork that meets the visual and technical requirements of the game whilst serving as the benchmark for artistic excellence.
The ideal candidate should possess a mobile first attitude with strong art direction and visual communication skills. They should also have experience in creating art for casual, cartoon, stylized and mid-core mobile games. We look for T-shaped candidates who excel in at least one discipline such as 3D modelling, but are also capable of helping out on other related tasks if required.
- The timely creation of high-quality game-assets to the project's art-style & technical requirements.
- Build and maintain in-game 3D content using Unity.
- Work closely with the artists, designers and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Keep abreast of the latest industry art production trends and techniques.
- Mentor & assist members of the team.
- Ideation development, using techniques such as; concepts and paintovers, architectural drawings, prop concepts, and moodboarding.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years experience creating artwork for games.
- A passion for world building and 3D content creation.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader and collaborator.
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game-engines & their performance requirements.
- Excellent low-poly 3D modelling, texturing and asset creation.
- Knowledge of core software packages (eg. Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Painter).
- Passionate about exploring a variety of different art styles
- A professional, pro-active & collaborative work attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills.
- Be involved in the feedback process, to help push the visual quality in our games.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
- A "raise the bar" attitude.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018 & 2019 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by Gamesindustry
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
About Space Ape
Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games: Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to chase the next genre defining hit.
In 2017 Space Ape entered into a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell. We are still independent and masters of our own destiny, but now we’ve got Supercell’s support and belief behind us in order to make and distribute massive hit games.